Friday, March 4, 2011

THE VICIOUS VIRUS

 

This week the VICIOUS VIRUS attacked me when I wasn't expecting it at all. It took me totally by surprise, which viruses are prone to do it seems. A virus will very seldom warn you of their impending evil intent. And I had just been complimenting myself on the fact that I had escaped getting really sick this winter. The Vicious Virus was out to prove me WRONG! Of course, I'm feeling a bit better today or I wouldn't be starting a new blog, would I? I'm trying to get more into my head and ignore my aching muscles, the congestion in my chest, and my runny, sneezy nose. But that isn't really easy, all things considered.  I don't like being sick at all. Does anyone?

This virus is particularly vicious because it attacks the intestinal tract and the lungs at the same time. This is really sneaky and particularly vicious, if you ask me, and totally unfair. I've had a high fever, which is now waning considerably, that made me feel really, really miserable. Just a little fever can make a good day turn into a nighmare, as I'm sure you may already know from experience. I've been taking Vitamin C, Kyolic garlic capsules, Oregamax and every holistic remedy I know of. I've been sleeping a lot. When I'm really sick I can sleep 16 hours a day. It's my escape. You can't be aware of your aching muscles and burning up head when you're unconscious. And I always wake up feeling somewhat better. I'm looking forward to waking up without noticing anything out of order at all sometime really soon. 

However, every time I eat something I get a belly ache. And I've taken tons of acidolphilus. I've been drinking lots of black tea and green tea with honey. Did you know that honey is anti-virual and anti-bacterial? It is. So when you're "under the weather" use honey in your tea. 

Nonetheless, BEWARE THE VICIOUS VIRUS that seems to be lurking in strange, suspicious places. I don't know if someone on the elevator breathed or coughed on me when I wasn't looking. Or someone at the supermarket had germs on their hands before I used that cart. Or someone in the restaurant was a germ carrier when they took my order. These viruses can really be tricky and sneaky when it comes to invading a perfectly healthy immune system and wrecking havoc for far too many days. I mean...this is day 5 and I find that to be outrageous! I was too sick to work this week at all. And that is not a good thing. Psychics or writers do not get sick pay.

I will do more with this blog than rant about the VICIOUS VIRUS, I promise you. But be on the constant lookout and please wash your hands often, because this particular germ can really screw up your plans for an entire week! Be well. This is one you do NOT want to experience, trust me!      

No comments:

Post a Comment